Thursday, September 11, 2008

Self Signage

I love seeing groups of boxes together with their varying heights and colours. The mail box looks like it has eyes.

There is a good assortment of things going on here. The Examiner message at the bottom of the box is simple, yet it really stands out .

However, the best part of the box was this ridiculous "JorOne" sticker. It doesn't look legit, but it does make me laugh with the counterfeit sneakers deal. The pills and dollar signs around the edges gives it that special extra touch. Haha. Found on Masonic and Hayes.

Not the best tag, but I do like how the background is used and the letters aren't filled in. Found on Haight and Masonic.

I'm a fan of the use of "hello" labels and postal labels for tags. There is so much potential for such a small label. Found on Turk and Masonic bus stop.

If you see this man on Haight street at least give him your time and some spare change, he sounds awesome.


With all the labels and stickers on this Newspaper box it looks like some sort of collaborative collage. My personal favourite is the "Whore 2 4" sticker and its use of different fonts. Found on Haight street.


I honestly have no idea what this flyer is about, well, actually I do. Its a flyer I found downtown for some kind of website. I haven't visited this website yet, but I'm willing to bet its some sort of conspiracy theory type deal.
Part of the text from the flyer:

"BETTER THAN A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
Coast to Coast and now GOING GLOBAL New York's favorite secret is San Francisco's favorite secret website
YOU ARE HERE
What Happens in the Golden Gate City has INSTANT Global Implications"

This flyer looks like someone who isn't very knowledgable about creating flyers made it in Microsoft word and for some odd reason printed out on paper that is usually used for certificates.


No comments: