Monday, December 8, 2008

In the kitchen, cookin up some marvelous ish












Sara, Jordan, and I are baking typography cookies. Some of the cookies are sans serif, while others have slab serifs. Some of our cookies contain text slang like "lol", "WTF?" and "k : )" They are most delicious. I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of typography. The semester has gone by in a flash. I have learned so much in typography, more than I ever imagined, and I worked really hard. I feel like I finally understand typography. I used to get so frustrated in the class because I felt like I was didn't know what I was doing, especially when I would compare myself to others. I would just let myself get overwhelmed. Finally I just let it all go and stopped worrying about what other people were doing. Now I enjoy going to class and I wish that I could have more time just to dedicate to typography. Hopefully next year I can take advanced typography. I have definitely come to better appreciate the letter form and type.

No comments: